Enhanced DBS Checks Online
Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Checks are the highest level of DBS Check available and are generally required for positions that involve working with vulnerable groups, such as children, or vulnerable adults and the elderly. Our online Enhanced DBS Checks offer comprehensive criminal record checks in as little as 24 hours.
Types of Enhanced Disclosure Available
There are two types of Enhanced DBS Check available: Enhanced with Barring List or Enhanced without Barring List. The Enhanced check with a barring list covering the relevant children and/or adults barring list checks are required for positions such as teachers, healthcare workers, taxi drivers, and dentists*
How Long Does An Enhanced Disclosure Check Take?
Once applied for, 62% of all Enhanced DBS Checks that go through us are completed within just 24 hours. 85% of all checks are completed within just 5 days.
Who Can Apply For an Enhanced DBS Check?
In order to be eligible for an enhanced DBS with an adults barring list check, the applicant must be regularly (4 times per month or once overnight) be carrying out regulated activity. This is classed as:
- Healthcare for adults provided by, or under the direction or supervision of a regulated health care professional.
- Personal care for adults involving hand-on physical assistance with washing and dressing, eating, drinking and toileting; prompting and supervising an adult with any of these tasks because of their age, illness or disability; or teaching someone to do one of these tasks.
- Social work – provision by a social care worker of social work which is required in connection with any health services or social services.
- Assistance with an adult’s cash, bills or shopping because of their age, illness or disability arranged via a third party.
- Assisting in the conduct of an adult’s own affairs under a formal appointment.
- Conveying adults for reasons of age, illness or disability to, from, or between places, where they receive healthcare, personal care or social work arranged via a third party.
E-bulk Enhanced Check Applications for Organisations
If your organisation is in need of Bulk DBS checks for your employees, we offer special offers to ensure you get the best price possible
If you are an individual or your role does not require an Enhanced DBS Check, we also offer Basic and Standard DBS Checks.
If a person is not falling in to regulated activity, but working within an environment where there is opportunity for contact with vulnerable adults such as a care home for adults, they would be eligible for an enhanced DBS Check with no adults barring list.
Where an applicant is working with or around children, there is eligibility for a Enhanced DBS Check with children’s barring list/List 99.
The definition of regulated activity comprises of unsupervised activities: teach, train, instruct, care for or supervise children, or provide advice/guidance on well-being, or drive a vehicle only for children or to work for a limited range of establishments (‘specified places’), with opportunity for contact: for example, schools, children’s homes, childcare premises. Not work by supervised volunteer.
Register Your Organisation Today
Further DBS Information
From small businesses to large employers and charities. We are adept at obtaining all levels of DBS Checks (Formerly the CRB) for any person within any type of industry.