Enhanced DBS Checks Online
Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Checks are the highest level of DBS Check available and are generally required for positions that involve working with vulnerable groups, such as children, or vulnerable adults and the elderly. Our online Enhanced DBS Checks offer comprehensive criminal record checks in as little as 24 hours.
Types of Enhanced DBS Available
There are two types of Enhanced DBS Check available: Enhanced with Barring List or Enhanced without. The Enhanced check with a barring list covering the relevant children and/or adults barring list checks are required for positions such as teachers, healthcare workers, taxi drivers, and dentists.
Who Can Apply For an Enhanced DBS Check?
In order to be eligible for an enhanced DBS with an adults barring list check, the applicant must be regularly (4 times per month or once overnight) be carrying out regulated activity. This is classed as:
- Healthcare for adults provided by, or under the direction or supervision of a regulated health care professional.
- Personal care for adults involving hand-on physical assistance with washing and dressing, eating, drinking and toileting; prompting and supervising an adult with any of these tasks because of their age, illness or disability; or teaching someone to do one of these tasks.
- Social work – provision by a social care worker of social work which is required in connection with any health services or social services.
- Assistance with an adult’s cash, bills or shopping because of their age, illness or disability arranged via a third party.
- Assisting in the conduct of an adult’s own affairs under a formal appointment.
- Conveying adults for reasons of age, illness or disability to, from, or between places, where they receive healthcare, personal care or social work arranged via a third party.
How Long Does An Enhanced DBS Check Take?
Once applied for, 62% of all Enhanced DBS Checks that go through us are completed within just 24 hours. 85% of all checks are completed within just 5 days.
What Information does an Enhanced DBS Check Show?
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check includes information in regards to any spent and unspent convictions held on the Police National Computer which are not eligible for filtering. Details included in this information include:
The date of conviction, court details, offence details, date of offence and sentence given as well as any other information the police see fit to include.
As mentioned, as well as being an in-depth criminal record check, the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check ensures that the applicant is not listed on the Children’s Barred List or the DBS Adults Barred List.
E-bulk Enhanced Check Applications for Organisations
If your organisation is in need of Bulk DBS checks for your employees, we offer special offers to ensure you get the best price possible
If you are an individual or your role does not require an Enhanced DBS Check, we also offer Basic and Standard DBS Checks.
Register Your Organisation Today
Where an applicant is working with or around children, there is eligibility for a Enhanced DBS Check with children’s barring list/List 99.
The definition of regulated activity comprises of unsupervised activities: teach, train, instruct, care for or supervise children, or provide advice/guidance on well-being, or drive a vehicle only for children or to work for a limited range of establishments (‘specified places’), with opportunity for contact: for example, schools, children’s homes, childcare premises. Not work by supervised volunteer.
From small businesses to large employers and charities. We are adept at obtaining all levels of DBS Checks (Formerly the CRB) for any person within any type of industry.