I have not received by DBS Certificate. What Can I do?
Anyone who applies for a DBS application will receive a hard copy certificate in the post within 14 days after completion. However, frequently we receive enquiries from concerned applicants wanting to know where their DBS certificate is as they have not received it.
There are a couple of reasons why a certificate may not arrive with the applicant:
- The postal address on the application is incorrect – if there is a different house number, street name or address, the certificate would have been dispatched to the address cited on the application.
- The certificate could have got lost en-route to the applicant in the post.
- If an address has shared mailboxes, a certificate could potentially not get delivered to the correct person.
What can I do now?
The DBS WILL NOT be able to issue a reprint if:
- the certificate has been accidentally lost or destroyed after you received it
- a reprint of the certificate has already been dispatched and the copy has not been received
- The DBS certificate was issued more than 3 months ago; a new application would have to be submitted in order to receive a new certificate as only one reprint is dispatched by the DBS.
The DBS WILL re-issue a reprint certificate if an applicant meets the following criteria for a Standard/ Enhanced certificate:
- the reprint request has been made within 3 months (93 days) of the date of issue of your certificate
- Your DBS certificate was issued over 14 days ago, but you have not received it.
- The reprint address you requested your certificate to be sent to must matches the address on your DBS application.
If you have moved address since you processed your application, you will need to ensure you have arranged a mail redirection before you contact the DBS for a reprint certificate.
Please note that the DBS will process all reprint requests within 5 working days.
What if I need a reprint for a Basic certificate?
Once you have been notified that your Basic DBS check has been completed, please allow 14 days for the certificate to be delivered to your postal address. If, after 14 days, your certificate has not arrived, you can request a reprint of your certificate online via the DBS government website. Alternatively you can contact the DBS on 03000 200 190, but please remember that only one reprint certificate is permitted.
The DBS have advised that they will not provide a reprint if a paper copy certificate was not requested when the application form was submitted and it must be requested within 3 months of the certificate issue date.
If you need any advice on DBS checks or would like to speak to an advisor, please contact the team at Care Check on 0333 777 8575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org